2 minutes reading time
Form Friday: TRX Super Spideys
Happy Form Friday, Everyone! Today I will be reviewing the TRX Super Spideys! This is one of my favorites, but it can be pretty challenging, so let's get you set-up properly!
GETTING INTO POSITION
- First, place the toes of both feet into both TRX hoops.
- Double check that the TRX straps are hanging vertical. TIP: Adjust your positioning on the floor to correct this. DO NOT let your body's positioning on the ground, push the straps back toward the wall or out toward you.
- Flex your feet towards your body. TIP: This will give you more control over your legs and keep your body in a straight line protecting your lower back. DO NOT let your feet and legs go limp. This may cause your back to arc and make it hard to protect your lower back.
- Now that your lower body is in place, let's focus on your arms. Keep them vertical throughout this exercise. TIP 1: Shoulders over wrists. DO NOT let your shoulders travel behind or in front of your wrists. This may cause injury. TIP 2: If you have painful or injured wrists, simply turn your hands so your finger point out to either sides. This will help.
- Flex your abs and squeeze your glutes to protect your lower back.
- Keep your head neutral and inline with your spine. DO NOT let your head sink down.
- Keeping your legs together, exhale and bring both knees up to your elbow on one side of your body. TIP: Bend your legs.
- Inhale, then fully extend your legs back out; to reset at the starting position.
- Repeat on the other side and as necessary.
If this exercise is currently too difficult to execute with proper form, simply try doing Regular Spideys in the TRX hoops. If that is still too difficult, remove your feet from the TRX hoops and preform Regular Spideys on the floor.
That concludes this week's Form Friday video. If you know anyone that could benefit from PFT's blogs and videos, please share! Until next time, make each day AWESOME!