Happy Form Friday, Everyone! This week, I will run through the TRX Single-leg Fast Burpees! There 's a lot to think about here, so let's break it down and get you set-up!
GETTING INTO POSITION
Since we are placing our toes in one of the TRX hoops, the set-up will be very similar to what I've shown you in the past, with the exception of only being one foot; not both.
I demonstrate this exercise on one side only. Make sure to complete this exercise on both sides.
- Once your foot is in the hoop, double check the TRX strap is, for the most part, hanging vertical. TIP: Make sure you're not pulling the strap out toward you or back away from you.
- Flex the foot that is in the TRX hoop. TIP: Keep this foot flexed, and strong, throughout the entire time you are performing this exercise. This will allow you more control over your body and add stability.
Depending on what exercise you were doing right before this one, you may start this exercise on the floor, at the bottom of this exercise, or standing, at the top of this exercise. I show you starting from a standing position.
- Regardless, make sure to flex your abs and squeeze your glutes to protect your lower back.
- Once it's time to start, bring your arms down to the floor to brace yourself.
- Using the foot that is placed on the floor, tap back behind you; and right back up. TIP: Exhale on the tap back. Inhale when you bring your foot back toward you.
- Exhale, as you drive your body to an upright standing position. TIP: Think of pushing the floor away with your foot.
- As you come up, raise the knee of the foot in the TRX strap. TIP 1: Keep this leg bent; foot flexed. TIP 2: Make sure the TRX strap is tight (no slack), which will add more support. TIP 3: Your arms will act as a counter balance. For example: If your left knee is up, your right arm should be in front; left arm behind you.
- Quick hop at the top.
- Inhale, and lower back down seamlessly to start another repetition.
- Repeat as necessary.
MODIFICATIONSHere are the modifications you can try:
- First, take your foot out of the TRX hoop and perform this exercise exactly the same; without the TRX for assistance. So, single-legged Fast Burpees on the floor.
- If you still need more stability, simply do traditional Fast Burpees using both foot for more stability.
That's a wrap for this week's Form Friday! I hope this helps you! If you know anyone that could benefit from our videos and blogs; please share! Until next time, make each day awesome!