2 minutes reading time
Form Friday: TRX Atomic Push-Ups
Happy Form Friday, Everyone! Today I will be reviewing the TRX Atomic Push-ups! This is a combination of two exercises: TRX Push-ups and TRX Double Tucks. This exercise can be challenging, so let's get you set-up properly!
GETTING INTO POSITION
- Place the toes of both feet into both TRX hoops. TIP: Flex your feet towards your body. This will give you more control over your legs and keep your body in a straight line. DO NOT let your feet and legs go limp. This may cause your back to arc and make it hard to protect your lower back.
- Next, double check that the TRX straps are hanging vertical. TIP: Adjust your positioning on the floor to correct this. DO NOT let your body's positioning on the ground, push the straps back toward the wall or out toward you.
- Now that your lower body is in place, let's focus on your arms. Keep them vertical throughout this exercise. TIP 1: Shoulders over wrists. DO NOT let your shoulders travel behind or in front of your wrists. This may cause injury. TIP 2: If you have painful or injured wrists, simply turn your hands so your finger point out to either sides. This will help.
- Flex your abs and squeeze your glutes to protect your lower back.
- Keep your head neutral and inline with your spine. DO NOT let your head sink down.
- Keeping your legs together, and body straight, inhale and lower your upper body to the floor. TIP: Bend at your elbows.
- Exhale and fully extend back up to the starting position. TIP: Push the floor away from you.
- Exhale again as you bring both knees up the center of your body to your chest. TIP: Your glutes should pike up.
- Inhale as you extend your legs back out to the starting position.
- Repeat as necessary.
- If this exercise is currently too difficult to execute with proper form, try performing the push-ups from your knees.
- If that is still too difficult, remove your feet from the TRX hoops and preform the push-ups on the floor (with or without the assistance of you knees).
That concludes this week's Form Friday video. If you know anyone that could benefit from PFT's blogs and videos, please share! Until next time, make each day AWESOME!