2 minutes reading time
Form Friday: Sandbag Stiff-legged Deadlift
Hello, Friends! This week, I'll review the step-by-step process for completing a Sandbag Stiff-legged Deadlift! This is on your Monday's workout. Now, let's set you up for success!
Getting into Position
- To initiate this movement, rise up, pushing forward at the hips.
TIP: Hips forward
- As mentioned before, keep everything flexed and locked-down. DO NOT let your shoulders round.
- Once you are in the upright position, retrace your path back down until the sandbag rests back on your feet.
TIP: Hips backward
- Reset form and repeat
If you have any injuries that prohibit you from performing this exercise with good form, there are a couple things you can do instead.
- First, try lightening the weight you are using to see if this helps.
- Second, if need be, dumbbells can be used for this exercise.
- Third, for better back support, you may use the TRX straps and do Hamstring Curls. With this exercise, put your heels in the straps. Keep your glutes off the ground. Fully extend your feet out and away from you. Then, bring your heels back to your glutes. Keep your core tight, butt tight.
Thank you so much for taking the time to read this week's Form Friday! I hope you are having a fantastic week! Until next week, keep being AWESOME!!