What makes Interval Training so Awesome and why is starting at the “Beep Beep” so important?
“3,2,1… GO!!!” How many times have you heard that at PFT?! Just think how many times your trainer has said that?! Well there is a reason we count down so you are ready to GO right when the Beeper Beeps LOL!
First off, are you a “get mentally prepared on 3, get physically set on 2, and might as well get started early on 1 kind of PFT’er?” or are you a “wait did my trainer just say something on 3, Just one more breath on 2, and let’s look at the person next to me as they start, to make sure I’m doing it right, on 1 kind of PFT’er?” HAHAHA!!! Well Hey guess what, even if you are not a start on 1-er, you are still in the 98th Percentile of people actively going out there and doing something everyday to try and be Awesome-er! So give yourself a hug, because any PFT workout is better than anything else out there!
But why does it matter? Why 10 seconds and not 20? Well there IS a reason… Because I SAID SO!!! Just kidding. Really, what we do at PFT is train you to become Your Very Best! And in order to do that employ The PFT System, consisting of High Intensity Interval Training using Metabolic Resistance Training principles. In layman’s terms we use Non-competing muscle groups back to back with short breaks between them. This causes a Cardio Vascular circuit, killing two birds with one stone! So, you never have to do another round in the Cardio Confessional ever again, praying that this 1-hour session on the treadmill would end! LOL!
Here is what we accomplish doing these intervals the way we do them.
- When one body part is working the other body part is “resting”!
- We burn more calories during the workout!
- We Burn More Calories for up to 36 hours after the workout with EPOC (excess post-exercise oxygen consumption) – “The Burn” – the amount of oxygen required to restore your body to its normal, resting metabolic functioning level.
- When you do your best to stay in the desired time limits you will get stronger and better at performing when already fatigued (which is a great reason why the PFT System is great conditioning for ALL athletes).
- After all the physical benefits there are the mental benefits of pushing yourself beyond what you think you can. The Mental discipline required to go beyond your own limits will change your life.
So the physical strength, increased metabolism and the mental discipline gained through The PFT System is proven. But if you’ve ever been to a PFT workout, you know how difficult it can be.
So here’s my challenge to you. Get up or get down and GO!!! Is it hard? Yes! Is it worth it? Yes!
Even if you can’t make it through the full round of GO, you WILL get better. PFT is not about being perfect. PFT is about doing YOUR best! So you may not be able to GO for the full 20 seconds after only a 10 second transition. That’s OK! This week you may only GO for 10 seconds but that 10 seconds becomes 11, then 12, then 15, then 20!!! But you’ll never get better at GO-ing after only 10 seconds if you don’t practice GO-ing at 10!
So that’s it! Commit yourself and challenge yourself to GO when your trainer says GO. Challenge yourself to always do Your Very Best!
You Commit to us and We commit to You!!!
Yours in Health and Fitness,
Carl “The Founder” Hultgren