2 minutes reading time
Form Friday: Dive Bomber Push-Ups
Happy Form Friday, Everyone! Today I am going over: Dive Bomber Push-Ups! This is a fun exercise, but can be a little awkward. So, let's make sure you have proper form!
GETTING INTO POSITION
- On the floor, have your feet hip-width apart and hands shoulder-width apart.
- Push your hips up as high as possible so you create an inverted V. TIP 1: For the starting position, you are on your toes. TIP 2: Your shoulders will not be directly above your wrists, but a little behind. This will create a slight diagonal arm position.
- Keep your arms and legs straight, but your knees unlocked. TIP: Keep your head neutral. DO NOT hold your head up.
- Very Important: As you lower your hips, keep your legs straight but allow your arms to bend.
- Exhale and drive forward towards your hands; so that your chest nearly grazes the floor.
- As you come up, curve your back and press down through your hands to a full arm extension. TIP 1: At the top, your face should be looking forward. TIP 2: For the direction, think of leading with your head. TIP 3: For the positioning of your body, think about doing a face-down Limbo OR how a cat slides under a fence. The point is, you want your back to arc.
- Quick pause at the top, then inhale and retrace your path, while pushing your hips back up to the inverted V starting position. TIP: For this direction, think of leading backward with your hips.
- If you have injuries, or maybe this exercise it too difficult, you can modify by doing Monkey Push-ups instead.
- On your feet, keep legs bent at a 90 degree angle and feet wider than shoulder-width.
- Arms are also at a 90 degree angle, with palms facing away from your face. TIP: Elbows should be touching, or close to, your knees.
- Inhale and let your upper body fall forward until you land on your hands.
- Using your hands, exhale and push the floor away from you to raise your body back to starting position. TIP 1: With the exception of your arms, keep your entire body stiff/static. Your arms are the only thing that should be responding to your movement. TIP 2: Your foot starts flat. Then as you lean forward, roll unto your toes.
That's it for this Form Friday! I hope this helps! If you know anyone that could benefit from our blogs and videos, please share! Until next time, keep being AWESOME!